Thursday, 28 April 2016

Kokum Sharbat

Kokum Sharbat is one of the refreshing, cooling drink that is perfect for the summers. This drink works as a total coolant and its one of the healthiest drink.

Kokum is a dark purple sticky fruit, sour and tangy in taste. For more on Kokum check this link here Kokum Fruit.

Today to make kokum Sharbat, I am using ready made Kokum Syrup got from store. It can also be ,made at home, but the procedure is a bit difficult.

Ingredients:
Kokum Syrup 1.5 tbsp
Mint Leaves 4 - 5 
Lemon Juice  1 tsp {optional}
Salt a pinch
Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder 1 tsp
Water chilled 1 glass

Method:
In a tall glass, add kokum syrup. Now add mint leaves and muddle once. Now add lemon juice {optional}, salt, cumin powder/ jeera powder and pour chilled water into the glass and stir well.


Serve chilled. 


Note:
Lemon is optional as kokum is a sour tangy fruit. But I used lemon as my kokum syrup was very sweet and so to balance and get the tangy taste I added lemon juice.


20 comments:

  1. Yum, Looks so refreshing and delicious, Jeena. Wish I had one right now… Perfect drink for this season..
    [

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, surely had passed it to U if it was possible...

      Delete
  2. I have not tasted kokum yet but this kokum drink is looking so delicious and beautiful. Your recipe is inspiring me to search kokum at my place. Really awesome post dear !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do try if U get kokum at ur place.. and Thanks Dear...

      Delete
  3. I haven't used kokum as yet. Seeing this drink I wish I had bought it...last saw it in Goa but I was too busy buying cashew nuts and spices!! This looks beautiful and so refreshing. Love the colour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh..Next time do purchase them and try. Thanks Kanak...

      Delete
  4. Wow...lovely colourful sharbat......loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing good for summer.
    shobhapink.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I use kokam, but never tried sharbat with it. Nice new recipe.
    I am hosting MLLA for the month of May 2016. You can share any vegetarian lentil recipe which you posted in 2016. Please come and see the rules of the event.http://herbsspicesandtradition.blogspot.ca/2016/05/event-announcement-hosting-my-legume.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sure will try, Thanks for inviting Dear...

      Delete
  7. It looks so refreshing and what a beautiful color, loved it !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite summer drink.. We also grow the fruits in our native and they are so tangy and sweet, just a perfect summer fruits and this sharbat is perfect summer drink..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Ok, thats interesting. I have never seen the tree nor the real fruit. We purchase these dried ones and the syrup...And Thanks a lot Poornima.

      Delete
  9. I have never even tasted kokum yet... Will! Give it a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try its absolutely awesome and Healthy...

      Delete

Thank You for your valuable comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...