Sunday, 29 June 2014

Beans Sabji

Beans sabji is a easy dish that can be prepared on a regular weekday. It is a healthy dish, though its liked by very few people as per my view, as I am also the one who sometimes avoid eating it. I do like the south Indian version of it called Beans Poriyal. Will also post the poriyal recipe ahead in the blog.
Ingredients:
French Beans 1 cup, finely chopped
Onion 1, chopped
Tomato 1, chopped
Green chili 1, slit
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water

For Tempering:
Oil 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida 1/2 a pinch
Curry Leaves 4-5

Method:
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once it starts spluttering, add asafoetida and curry leaves.

Now add green chili and onion and saute till onions turn pinkish. 

Add tomato, and mix well. Allow tomato to get cooked.  

Now add the full cup of beans, also add salt and turmeric powder at this point. Cook for 1-2 mins, and add 1-2 tbsp of water and cover with the lid and allow to cook for almost 8 -10 mins. If needed, mix once to avoid sticking. If needed, add some more water.   

Uncover the lid, add red chili powder. Mix well. 

Garnish with Chopped Coriander Leaves.

Sending this post to Cook With Green announced at Merry Tummy Event.

I am submitting this post at - Event Announcement In My Veg Box Event, by Full Scoops and Citrus Spice as on 1st Dec 2014


2 comments:

  1. Why do you avoid it?? This is my most favorite :)
    Looks absolutely delicious to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, but really many dont like beans sabjis including me, but of course its as per my view..

      Delete

Thank You for your valuable comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...